Monday, January 21, 2008

LIA (LEADERS IN ACTION) CAMP...

yoz...guys i'm back..after staying in school for 5 days 4 nitz...i'm finally back to my home sweet home ytd...hahax...



This is the first camp tat i had to tke care of those who were much more younger than me...n this is my first time being a Assistant Group Leader(AGL) in a camp...it's reali a great experience for me..as i got to learn alot of things frm my GL jia jun n the other comm members...hehex...thanks guys...not only learning frm them...i had oso learn frm the participants too...becoz of their attitude,temper,thinking n behavior...i had learnt how to communicate better with them n understand them better...by putting myself into their shoes..knowing how they feel...

first day of the camp

i was anticipating the arrival of my grp's participants...feeling abit nervous but very excited...hahax..finally the moment comes...but an unexpected situation happened...the first member come into the grp n yet the first word tat she tell me is not "hello" but she said" hey i wanna change grp! i dun wan to be in this grp!" at tat moment i was totally stunned...i haven even say anything n she already told me this...haiz..i ask her why n yet she tell me this" coz tat grp 4 GL is chio" wow i was totally sian diao...coz i thought she would say "becoz all my frenz is there"then i tell her if she wanna change grp u go n ask the Programm coordinator urself...then she pull me by my hand n drag me to the PC n ask...but in the ned she cant change la..i was reali sad n demoralise...then i went to xiao pang n told him" wa lau...i reali very sad la...the first participant come to n say she wanna change grp..."at tat time when i was telling him...i feel like i going to cry out lor...coz i reali reali feel very sad la...haiz...but xiao pang say"hey u cant let tat one pple affect u through out..."thus he want me to go back to the grp...n i did..trying to get her attention to me...n when the all the participants arrive...i n my GL jia jun conduct the ice breaker games...then through the games i got to noe her name...n her name is zi xuan but she wants us to call her chicken rice..hahax...during the games she was still hesitant to play wif her grp memebers...n there is another guy who likes to stay away frm the grp...mayb becoz they come frm the different sch didnt know each other...so i n jia jun reali try our very best to bond them tgt...i do alot of things tat i nvr think i will do de...like leading them to cheer...shout like a crazy in front of so many pple...hahahax...but no matter how embarrassing things i had done, i reali hope they could bond tgt as one...



day 2



tat day was a reali tring day...as we got to play the amazing race for the whole day around s'pore...hahax..during the journey my grp reali had alot of fun n reali bond us tgt alot...especially the amazing race @ botanic garden...we reali had alot of fun n get to know each other more...as i get to know thm more...especially tat CUTE chicken rice CHERLY(was told to write her name this way de)...she suddenly come to me and clinch onto my hand and say "hey i like u...u very good...." i was totally shocked...coz frm ytd till today..her attitude towards me was changed 360 degree...she ask me alot of qns n play wif me as through out the journey....i oso have to thank those helper who joined my grp...han bin,shi hui n xin yi...is them who had help me n jia jun to bond them tgt...without them i think we will not able to get them tgt...hahax...but practical han bin in my grp is to piggy-back them when they are tired...hahahax..thanks...hahaz..though the whole journey was reali physical demanding for them but they still could persist on...this is wat i'm proud of my grp...LEADRERS ADDICTION u guys ROX!!! so after the amazing race...we had our outdoor cooking in sch...that they got to cook their food...hahax..the way they cookis reali cute la...they add watever ingredients they had into the other one...i waas like...ERM...dotz..ok...but no choice if not nice still have to eat lor...coz we r in the same grp de ma...hahax...one for all,all for one....but in the end me n jia jun didnt reali got to eat alot coz they finish all the food...while we 2 were cooking for them...hahahax...i only got to eat 5 mouthful of the pasta...hahax..



last day...

fianli it's was the last day of the camp...they had their morning jog frm NP to Sunset way...during the journey i was reali pushing all those at the back to run...seriously, pursuaing pple to run is more tiring then running alone..then they had to be the game masters n come out wif a game to let the other grps play...thus i reali jus stand there and slack to see them lead...they keep asking us to help them but all we could do is to give them advice nia...then we jus stand n see..hahax...

so everytime last dy of camp would usually end wif a prize presentation of which grp is the best through out the camp n to my surprise....my grp clinch the first!!! hahahx...wat a surprise...hahahax...



overrall i think i had reali learn alot frm this camp...learn to lead, to be more patient n many more....hahax...i hope wat i teach my those participants they could apply it in their life n achieve success n be a great leaders...all the best!!!=D



Qoute of this camp.....



Do not fear the wind of adversity.Remember a kite rises against the wind rather then with it.
Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home